SD-WAN Pre-Production Trial
Evaluating SD-WAN technology in your own network as a proof-of-concept
There’s no need to rush into digital transformation blindly.
RedFig are experts at designing, planning and deploying a fully functional proof-of-concept Pre-Production Trial in your existing network.
- Improve performance
- Add seamless resilience
- Investigate your running network and uncover security blind-spots
- Enable new functions
- Protect critical traffic
Our SD-WAN trial shows you how to boost performance for your applications in two ways
- by separating traffic into data-centre and Internet traffic, over the appropriate links
- by eliminating routing “back-haul”, where traffic goes in and out of congested links just to get to the Internet.
Number 2 really hurts performance for your users with Microsoft Office365 and other SaaS applications in the cloud, and can compromise the performance of SIP trunks used for Voice call services to your branches.
Add seamless resilience
For many customers, a backup link has to be manually swapped in,. or manually swapped out. SD-WAN controls data flows dynamically by policy. That pays off in 3 ways:
- Important traffic can be made to flow over any available link
- Traffic can failover to secondary links and alert when something needs investigation, without disrupting business
- Resilience is measured where it counts: at the application layer
When you begin to manage at the application layer, then you will communicate with your users in a way that they will understand and relate.
Uncover security blind-spots
In most networks, the lack of any way to detect what traffic is going where hampers your ability to find out where malware is operating, and which machines are infected.
Even worse, with Internet-connections on CCTV cameras and DVRs, POS systems, Building Management systems and HVAC, the “attack surface” is growing as well.
SD-WAN (and cloud-based security) helps by:
- by separating traffic into data-centre and Internet traffic, over the appropriate pipes
- by eliminating routing back-haul, where traffic goes in and out of congested links to get to the Internet.
Number 2 really affects you if your users are using Microsoft Office365 and other SaaS applications in the cloud, when data “trombones” up and down the same network links, and firewall appliances slow all applications.
Enable new functions
When you can add more bandwidth and manage the data streams to better share the load, you get a simpler network to manage and add new functions much more easily, for example:
- add remote CCTV review to aid your loss-prevention strategy
- manage voice calls between branches to lower costs and optimise data use
Gain new insight
Prioritise traffic by priority, so that (for example) VoIP calls (internal and external) and guest WiFi won’t interfere with POS traffic.
Link statistics need to be interpreted by network managers, and mean nothing to the business. Business people want to know about their performance – why are their apps affected and what are you doing about it.
Register for a free Networking Review Workshop, where a skilled RedFig team will understand your network and communications and demonstrate some relevant SD-WAN features that could help you overcome your challenges.